Your pet is a much-loved part of your family; when they are in need of care, you want nothing but the best for them. At Greenside Regenerative Therapies & Rehabilitation, we offer cutting-edge rehabilitation for your cats and dogs, including pet laser therapy near me.
What is Pet Laser Therapy?
Laser therapy for pets is a non-invasive, painless treatment that utilises focused light in order to stimulate cellular activity and promote healing.
It can be used alongside other treatments as it is often drug and surgery-free. Available for use in a variety of conditions and with other treatment protocols, this form of treatment can provide relief and improvements in your pet’s condition.
The focused energy within the laser stimulates healing from within the body itself. The laser is applied for between 3-8 minutes and is absorbed by the injured cells before then being stimulated to repair themselves.
During the process, you pet will begin to relax as they get pain relief from the laser therapy.
How Can Laser Therapy Help Your Pets in Rehabilitation
At Greenside Regenerative Therapies & Rehabilitation, we have a range of state-of-the-art facilities, including laser therapy that allow us to help your pets with exceptional methods of treatment.
Some of the ways in which Laser Therapy can help includes:
- Pain Management: Alleviating discomfort that is associated with joint pain and injuries.
- Accelerated Healing: Speeding up recovery post-surgery or from injuries, promoting healing and cellular repair.
- Increased Mobility: Aiding in the enhancement of your pet’s mobility to give them a more active a fulfilled life.
What Are The Benefits of Laser Therapy
Laser Therapy is an effective yet non-invasive procedure that can bring benefits to your pet and their recovery following an injury or surgery, including:
- Being Non-Invasive: This helps to minimise anxiety and stress for your pet that surgery may bring.
- Painless: Keeping your pets comfortable during their stay with us is a priority for us. Laser therapy is a painless procedure that is gentle for all pets. Again, this can help mitigate the stress they feel in the build up to and during the procedure.
- No Side Effects: One of the biggest benefits of laser therapy is that there are no side effects from this procedure. There is no need for follow up medication, reducing the adverse risks that could be associated with surgical treatments.
Applications for Pet Laser Therapy
Laser therapy can be used in a number of applications:
- Arthritis, Degenerative Joint Disease or Joint Dysplasia Treatment
- Pain Management
- Post-Surgery Pain (Spays & Neuters)
- Skin Problems, including infections, hot spots and lick granulomas
- Dental procedures
- Fractures & Wounds (Bites, Abrasions, Lesions)
- Ear Infections
For a complete list of both acute and chronic conditions that can benefit from laser therapy, visit us online today.
How Do I Know My Pet Is In Pain?
With laser therapy being a form of pain relief, it is important as pet owners to understand when your pet is displaying signs of discomfort or pain.
Often, pets that display signs of pain are older cats or dogs with musculoskeletal ailments. Some of the symptoms that they will being to display include:
- Limping or struggling to get up and down
- Whining, groaning or making other noises
- Lack of grooming
- Abnormal sitting or lying postures
- Circling before sitting or lying down
- Lack of appetite
- Licking or biting an area more than normal
- Refusal to wag tail for dogs
- Difficulty navigating stairs.
If your pet is displaying any of the above signs, it is important to get them to your local veterinary practice and refer them for further treatment when needed.
Contact Greenside Vets
If your pet is displaying signs of discomfort, get in touch with your local veterinary practice today. Ask your local vet for a referral to Greenside Regenerative Therapies & Rehabilitation and bring your pet to see us.
Our team are always looking forward to meeting new clients and their owners in the clinic, providing the highest levels of care at all times.
Find us today.